First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Blended r21 Course Harlingen
4 people are attending First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Blended r21 Course Harlingen
This course will train instructor candidates to teach basic-level American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED courses. In order to participate in this course, you must possess a current basic-level American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED (or higher level) certification or equivalent and be at least 16 years of age on the last day of the instructor course. Upon registration, it is important that you review and follow the directions on the e-mail attachment sent with your registration confirmation. This is a blended learning course consisting of online content, a pre course skills session and classroom segments. Online material must be completed prior to attending the classroom activities. For more information, please reference the attachment you will receive via e-mail 24 – 48 hours after you register for this course.
This course includes all 2021 Revisions released on December 1st, 2021
Four (4) students are required to make an instructor class, otherwise, the course may be cancelled and students may be asked to transfer to another time/date.
If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 432.217.9119
- You can bring your laptop that you will be using to teach with if you will be using one.
- Possess a current American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certificate or equivalent. Please bring proof of certification to the in-person session.
- Using this link you should see a page that has the Instructor Materials section on it. This is a couple sections down (Instructor Materials (core)). https://www.redcrosslearningcenter.org/s/candidate-resources-first-aid-cpr-aed-21
- We will provide a PDF in your email where you will find a list of links on Red Cross Learning Center to download.
- Successfully complete the American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor course online session.
- Attend and actively participate in the in-person session.
- Successfully complete the First Aid/CPR/AED skill practice and polish during which you will have an opportunity to practice your hands-on skills and demonstrate competency.
- Successfully complete class activities, including the required practice teaching assignments. You will be given two practice teaching assignments, which will give you experience in preparing to teach lesson plans, presenting course information, using audiovisual equipment, conducting skill practice and assessment scenarios, evaluating performance, and participating in feedback and evaluation sessions. A certified instructor trainer will evaluate your practice teaching assignments. You will receive a list of potential practice teaching topics during the online session. Please refer to this topic list to prepare ahead of time for your in-person session.
- Demonstrate instructor-level skill competency in all skills.